Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I was so tired that I…"

I had a nap in my car yesterday.

Seriously. I actually had a nap in my Jeep Liberty. Parked right in front of my house. Where the neighbours could look out their windows and see me.

I hadn't really slept much the night before (see my last post regarding PAIN), and it had been a busy day in Calgary, and on the way home Gracie fell asleep in her car seat. And I was SO TIRED. Like, so tired that I had to turn on the air conditioning and turn up the radio to keep from falling asleep before I got home. And when we finally arrived home, it was windy and cold and raining just a tiny bit. Which meant that if I took Gracie out of her car seat and transferred her into the house, there was NO WAY she was going to still be asleep by the time I made it to the front door. And I really, really, REALLY needed a little nap.

So I parked the Jeep, turned it off, and closed my eyes. And I actually slept there for a good 20 minutes.

Anybody else got any good, "I was so tired that I…" stories?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I can honestly say that I never had any of those moments. I was tired but never had to drop it all and sleep right there. Now, I didn't have a little one either at the same time. That makes a HUGE difference. In my last month, since I was at home already, I did indulge in a daily afternoon nap. BOY, were those ever good!!!