Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I think I can, I think I can…

Okay, I'm a little bit freaked out right now. It is (stops to launch iCal) December 22, and I have not finished my Christmas shopping. Or done all my baking. Or wrapped ONE SINGLE PRESENT.

Where did December go, exactly? The last thing I remember it was the first week in December, and I was feeling pretty good about getting everything done. Then the freaking deep freeze blew in (I've said it before and I'll say it again: global warming my ass!) and I found myself couped up inside with a sick kid and -30°C temperatures outside. You don't have to be mother of the year to know you can't drag a sick kid out in those kind of temperatures, so inside I sat, waiting for the weather to get better.

So, I'm a little bit behind. Okay, a lot behind. But I'm going to finish today. TODAY! So that tomorrow I can wrap presents (instead of doing it all on Christmas Eve, after everyone goes to bed, like a usually do), and finish my last batch of baking, and be able to sit and relax on Christmas Eve.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Do you think if I say it enough times, it will actually come true?

No comments: