Friday, February 02, 2007

Still. No. Baby.

Still. No. Baby.

Apparently, this cold snap has made my sweet pea decide to stay inside for awhile longer. Personally, I don't understand why she doesn't want to come out. She's got to be pretty squished in there. And what with me bouncing up and down and constantly pleading with her, you'd think she'd be clamouring to get out.

But, on the bright side, the ultrasound said she only weighs about 7 lbs 13 oz -- not the monster baby my doctor was starting to freak me out with.

Unfortunately, in order to get that good news, I nearly threw up on the ultrasound technician. Anybody else ever do that? I was laying flat on my back for too long and the pressure from the baby and the rather rough treatment cut off my circulation and all of a sudden I thought I was going to either pass out or throw up. The poor woman ran for a puke basin and a glass of water, and ended up not being able to finish the ultrasound.

So, good times, good times.

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEW! At least you don't have to think of pushing out a 10 pounder! I never had that problem with the whole puking thing while having my final ultrasound. It could have something to do with trying to concentrate on getting through the contractions, however...

First babies love being late - I guess they must be afraid of all the overwhelming love that is going to shower them when they finally do make that appearance!

Keep us posted!

Tracy

Cindy said...

Can't wait to hear the good news of her arrival. Soon I hope, for your sake.

Keep us all posted!

Anonymous said...

No puking here either. I was just trying not to pee the bed ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!