Sunday, November 26, 2006

Attack of the Hormones

I had a really super hormonal breakdown/allergy attack yesterday.

It was a super duper crappy day from start to finish, so when, at 10:30 p.m. I was putting away the groceries I had just bought and the shelf on my refrigerator door fell onto my foot and everything scattered around the floor, I had had enough.

I yelled, I threw things, (which scared the crap out of my poor kitties), then sat down in tears. I don't generally do things like that. It was kind of unsettling. Which made it even worse -- I pride myself on being the kind of person who thrives under pressure. I don't cry when things don't go my way -- ever! What good will that do? No, I just find a way to fix the problem, and get on my with day. But not yesterday. Nope, yesterday I was one of those pansy girls who cry at the drop of a hat -- and I HATE those girls.

Luckily, my sweet hubby came and fixed things up, then made me cuddle up with him on the couch until all was right with the world again.

So, things seem much better today. Gotta go though. In-laws are coming over this afternoon and my house is a disaster area. How fast can I clean an entire house? Well, I guess I'll see. My plan is to start with downstairs, where we will spend most of our time, and if I don't get all of upstairs done I just won't let them up there…

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Oh how I love hormones! Just wait until after the baby comes if you think things are bad now! That is one thing that you probably won't run into in your childbirth preparation books. The "baby blues".

You will hear about post partum depression and you will think "That won't happen to me." and in all likelyhood it won't. However I believe the "baby blues" happens to everyone so be prepared. For 2 weeks after both of my children were born I was a nervous wreck. I had no reason to be nervous whatsoever, but I just couldn't shake that feeling. And I cried, and I cried....and I cried some more. Hubby would ask what was wrong and I would just say "I have no idea!"

Seriously....prepare yourself.... read up on the baby blues so you will know what to expect. I wish I had. The second time around was at least easier because I logically knew I would not feel that way forever....

Good Luck!!