Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I want my caffeine back!

God I miss super-caffeinated Denice! She had so much energy! She was Superwoman on a Mac! She would put in a 13-hour work day and still have energy for a workout at 10 p.m. - and feel bloody fantastic doing it! I WANT MY CAFFEINE BACK!

Everybody told me that when I weaned myself off caffeine, I would feel better. That I would have energy because I would get more sleep, and I wouldn't miss it a bit. Well, THEY LIED! I don't feel better. I feel like I'm walking around in a fog.

And what they don't understand is that I wasn't staying up until 2 a.m. because I drank too much caffeine. I stay up until 2 a.m. because I have two jobs and the work doesn't magically get done by itself. So now, I'm still working until 2 a.m., but I have no caffeine to keep me going.

Listen to me! I'm a horrible, selfish woman! All I have to do is stop drinking my beloved Diet Coke for a few short months out of my (hopefully) long life. Forty weeks of making a beautiful little person, then however many months that little person decides to nosh on my breastmilk. A rational person should be able to realize that it's very little to ask! And every other day, I'm eager to do whatever I need to do to have a healthy baby.

But I'm so tired this morning and it feels like FOREVER until I will be fully-caffienated again and all I can think about is how freaking fantastic a Diet Coke would taste right about now.

Okay. I'm alright now. I just needed to whine for awhile. I will quit being a selfish baby and refill my water bottle. I just get a little grumpy on Wednesdays. I'm not a morning person on the best of days, so I know I will be better later when I wake up. And tomorrow is my day off and I'll get to sleep in and feel much, much better :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admit it... I was bad. I had one can of pop a day to get me through. hahaha Maybe that explains why my kids are so crazy. LOL