Thursday, August 24, 2006

What do you mean twins?

So, I had my second pre-natal appointment this morning. I peed in the cup, stood on the scale, and everything was going just fine. Then, the doctor tells me that I'm measuring big for how far along I'm supposed to be, and maybe we should check to see if there's two babies in there.

Did she just say TWO BABIES?!?!?

So, she pulls out the neat doppler thing to hear the heartbeat, and we found one, and then - is that another one? Quick, check and see if there's still a heartbeat where we found the first one!!! Nope, it's gone. Must just be one baby that likes to move around a lot. But for a split second there, I was imagining what it would be like to come home with two babies instead of one.

Doctor is 99% sure my due date is just off by a couple weeks, "but there could be two and we didn't find the second one - you never know!" is what she said. She said that by our original calculations, I am 17 weeks and 5 days along today, but my uterus is measuring more like I'm 19 or 20 weeks along. So, New Year's baby? Maybe!

We'll know for sure when we go for the ultrasound on September 7. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it do doctors like to tease us like that? Evil, evil, evil! hahahaha

Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound. I never drank the required amount of water (it's tortureous!) I got away with drinking about half ahahahaha

Are you going to find out the sex>? I guess that's another blog LOL

Denice said...

I definately want to know the sex of the baby. I don't think I'll make it until January - I'm dying of curiousity now! It's worse than Christmas when you're a little kid :)